Re: Wireless FM

Author:Tom Clifton
Posted:7/5/2000; 9:47:50 PM
Topic:Wireless FM

The Radio Shack Wireless CD Adapter has a very limited range.

I have one and tested it by pluging it into my Mac's audio out port. It works fine with my stereo sitting next the computer (thought the cable works better), 25 ft away (two rooms) it comes through with static, 50 ft away (3-4 rooms) you can't get the signal.

It is really designed for cars without cassette players. You might be able to boost the signal with a better antenna. But I doubt that could get decent coverage in a moderate size house.