Re: Collaborative filtering

Author:Chris Langreiter
Posted:7/14/2000; 4:32:26 AM
Topic:Collaborative filtering

Tom,

with the greatest possible interest I've read your prior (year-old) postings on CF techniques and now I'm happy that you're back in this DG. Have you actually implemented a (prototypical) ACF system?Or have you experience with systems like the ones from NetPerceptions?

Small, rather focussed communities like this one centering around Scripting News might be an optimal playground for testing ACF concepts. Just, somebody has to start. In the long run, I plan to experiment with concept interrelation determination and visualization techniques in the context of Vanilla - but really, in the long run. Some ideas are sketched at http://www.langreiter.com/space/vanilla-projects.

A good start concerning CF in UserLand's DGs would be to allow to browse messages aggregated by author (or is this a feature I've looked over) - I mean, that's pretty essential.

Regards, Chris