Re: the true old media blindness in the piece

Author:Jeremy Bowers

The true sign of the old-media-elite is in this piece:

"Information -- raw, unfiltered information -- is not the same as news."

True enough... but where on earth is this "raw, unfiltered" information anyhow? Dave is a filter (among other things, not to pigeonhole him "qbullet.smiley"), and so is most every weblog... that's most of what my weblog is when it gets down to it.

No admission to being an "ink-stained fuddy duddy from yesteryear" in the first few sentences can do anything in my mind to defuse the blatently egotistical nature of implying that only he and his buddys are the 'right' filters.

Ego trips like these are actively insulting to us readers. Yes, we can live without you filtering the news for us; we can filter for ourselves, the decentralized distributed Web way. Certainly the news needs filtering, but there's nothing magical about the old press way of doing it, and certainly nothing divinely ordained about it!

Deal with it.