Re: Separated at Birth?

Author:Robert Cassidy

AppleInsider: Sources reveal rumored Macintosh Cube. This site is served from a Cobalt Qube. (Created by ex-Apple engineers.)

Last night I noticed the drawing bears a frightenting similarity to MicroNet's SANCube (even the way some of the edges flare)

http://www.micronet.com/products/sancube_qtvr.html

The SANCube is a bit smaller than the rumored MacCube but larger than a Cobalt. Honestly I don't know what to make of the rumor. It doesn't make sense to me right now... that's an awfully big box, about the volume of 2-3 IIci's. You could stuff about 10 iMac logic boards & HD in there...

Perhaps there's a clue, however. In the next article, they talk about new features in 9.1:

Apple vDSP 1.0 — a collection of vector and scalar digital signal processing functions used in sound, MP3, speech, audio, video and radar.

Well, I've done all of those things before - except for RADAR! So the Cube is now explained. The square shape and size is needed to house a small radar sweep antenna. (You wouldn't want an external antenna scaring the cat, or constantly knocking over the ficus). But why?

New in 2001: distributed air traffic controlling. Take the upper hand on those pesky 747s buzzing your house and with built in speech, your new iCube can usher in a new era of piece and quiet for your family:

(In Victoria high-quality) "Two-two-niner, come around to two-seven-zero and climb to 12,000 feet. That's one-two-thousand. Over."