Re: What do you see? (A game.)

Author:Robert Cassidy

Steve can sound that way - especially when he doesn't believe what he's selling. You can even see it among the topics he covers. If it's the iMac, or a very cool user-oriented item - he just glows. If it's a server, or something like that, he's good but you don't get that same anxiety because you can't have it right now. MacWorld usually feels like Christmas now. You just can't wait for it to come. Not enough things in life do that. A perk of being a Mac guy...

When Steve really believes in what he's selling, you believe it as well. You believe against your best judgement. Its very disconcerting in a way - because you really can see that this guy really could take 800 people into the jungle to drink Kool-Aid. He's speaking to 1,000 people in a room, but talking just to you.

Dave, it doesn't surprise me that you read Jobs differently. Or Ballmer. For whatever reason you read people differently than many others do. I don't know why, but in what, 6 years of reading your stuff and watching your online interactions with others, you've usually read people differently than most people I know. It's part of what makes you interesting.