Re: Spawn of the Devil?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/25/2000; 6:56:14 AM
Topic:Spawn of the Devil?

It's a free speech issue Gary. Why should I have to go to court to get the right to use a certain plot or sub-plot? Do you have any idea how much time that would take? Have you bothered to look at the number and scope of patents that have been issued?

Amazon made the mistake of actually using their patent. Anyone else that does will get exposure, and sooner or later the customers will tune in that their money is supporting something bad. It's a way of neutering the damage that the USPTO has done by giving these monopolies to spawn (your term not mine, but I like it) like Bezos.

I have no interest in ever working with Amazon. AFAIK they are a black hole, something to pave over, forget, it had promise at the beginning, I supported them. But they don't exist anymore.