Re: Napster ordered to be shut down

Author:John W.
Posted:7/26/2000; 11:59:03 PM
Topic:Napster ordered to be shut down

Napster may be shut down, but the paradigm they have brought about cannot. The court’s ruling may not be good news for Napster, and for that I am truly sorry because the concept is brilliant. However, the paradigm is the thing that will be the constant with all kinds of variants. And the variants will take new forms that will not be governed by laws. I think these variants will take such a broad-based form that law will not govern it and the enforcement of the law will not successful.

Basically, what Napster began cannot be stopped.