Re: Napster ordered to be shut down

Author:Brad Nickel
Posted:7/27/2000; 7:12:33 AM
Topic:Napster ordered to be shut down

I firmly believe in the protection of intellectual property, but what is causing me not to buy anymore CDs of groups suing Napster is their stupidity. Come on Metallica and all, how is it possible that you can't see the opportunity and leverage it? Look at the numbers. Look at my personal purchases after downloading songs from Napster. As others have said, you can't stop it ever, so you damn well better figure out how to use it. Man I am always amazed at the fear and ignorance of those facing the unknown. I don't even like Limp Bizket (sp?), but I think I'll buy their CD just to show my support with my $$$$.

Ridiculous...