Re: MP3 Quality... much better then I thought!

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:7/31/2000; 12:31:21 PM
Topic:MP3 Quality... much better then I thought!

The key is to use a good ripper

Exactly.

I took a look at the this analysis of the encoders you referred to. I see that N2MP3 only appears in one sweep test, in which is is rated the same as lame.

I haven't done any objective, repeatable tests, but subjectively, I've been very pleased with N2MP3 for pop/soft-rock, folk, and Scottish dance music.

Now if I could just find (or maybe write) a matched-filter deconvolver to remove clicks and pops! I've tried several apps, but they all affect the desired signal far too much.

- Sam