Re: Needlepoint Copying

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:8/2/2000; 4:14:39 PM
Topic:Needlepoint Copying

I'm not arguing that middlemen are needed here, I just have a problem with the math: A book of patterns costs $6 or $7, and it typically contains 30 or 40 patterns (just checked with my wife, so its probably accurate). That means that 60% of the price goes back to the creator of the patterns, if $0.10 per pattern is representative. It also means that the profit margin is hair-thin, because the publisher needs to pay for printing, distribution, advertizing and overhead out of the remaining $2 or $3.

Just a thought.