The Mom-and-Pop ISP

Author:Dori Smith

My milk comes from a local dairy, and my Internet connection comes from a small company in Santa Rosa, Calif., called Sonoma Interconnect, or Sonic. Few people outside Sonoma County have heard of it.

I got a good chuckle out of this, but for another reason altogether. I'm a firm believer is buying locally, but sometimes, in the small town where I live, you can't. For those things, I have to drive to the biggest city in the county: Santa Rosa.

Her small town is my big city. I suspect the size of her ISP also dwarfs the size of mine.

Dori
Backup Brain
WedLog