Inprise and the Interbase community

Author:Michael Bernstein

Thanks for linking to my article, Dave.

I think that this is going to be an interesting situation, in that the developer community that has accreted around the Interbase RDBMS has more momentum than Inprise (which still holds the copyright to the code).

The most important observation that I made in the article was "open source licensing is just a formal way of stating that the only asset that any company or project has is the people involved in it."

What do you think?