Re: A History of "Open Source", Part II

Author:Joshua Allen
Posted:8/20/2000; 2:05:19 PM
Topic:A History of "Open Source"

Cool :-) That's a great account of Tanenbaum's influence, and even a nice theory about why he is left from the histories. Linus is a hard worker, but I would always say he was a "student" of Tanenbaum. We all do what we do standing on the shoulders of giants, and it's really not fair to say that Linus was much taller than Tanenbaum when he was standing so squarely upon those shoulders that made his point of view possible.

Things like this are what make the formation of history so interesting to watch..