Re: Open Source Agreements

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:8/21/2000; 8:58:11 PM
Topic:A History of "Open Source"

For example, the Linux TCP/IP stack is based on BSD code.

I think this is a myth; I remember Alan Cox saying that it is not true, and the GPL and BSD licenses aren't even compatible.

Personally, I think the MPL is no more complex than the GPL, but I don't consider it a point worth arguing, especially since few people seem to understand either license.