Re: Next survey: Are you and open source developer?

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:8/22/2000; 9:46:29 AM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

Yes, defining what you mean by "open source developer" in the context of the survey will be very important. I've been writing and giving away source long before I'd heard of GNU or the term "open source" came along, and while I agree with some of the intents behind "open source" licenses, I'd rather wish I didn't have to be bothered by them to write and give away source. Since the term "Open Source" is used with such disparagement in your writing and in these forums, I would be very leary of answering "yes" to whether or not I'm what you'd call an "Open Source" developer.