Re: Sony Exec Irony

Author:Alan German
Posted:8/23/2000; 1:33:11 PM
Topic:Sony Exec Irony

When their license to steal is threatened, middlemen go on the attack.

...protect its revenue streams.

Ahh, the tell-tale phrase. No mention of customers. In fact, no mention of any product. Only their precious revenue. It seems to me that with no customer and no product -- only a revenue stream -- there's little value being added here.

I'm glad I can actually produce something tangible. Like software. I know how to operate woodworking tools. I've built furniture. I can repair my house. I've rebuilt car engines (yes, my hands actually got dirty). I've made rock-and-roll concerts sound good. And I can play the piano and the guitar and harmonica, too. ;-)

I get real satisfaction in "delivering" something somebody truly wants. And I'll gladly sell those skills to anyone interested in obtaining them. In fact, that's what I thought work was.

"An honest day's pay for an honest day's work." What a concept.