Re: Concise definition

Author:eric@sourcegear.com
Posted:8/23/2000; 6:26:18 PM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

Also I think there's a lot of value in having a concise definition for what an open source developer is, without any baggage, or unnecessary politics.

I don't think you are likely to achieve this definition, at least not here. Even in the context of the Open Source community, we can't agree on what an Open Source developer is. I see no possibility at all that you can get a concise definition without baggage or politics. Open Source is all about politics.

Dave, you are simply far too much of a grown-up to get involved in this mess. It's beneath you. I hate seeing otherwise sane people get sucked into this. :-)