ESR's arguments for open source

Author:Seth Gordon
Posted:8/29/2000; 9:02:42 AM
Topic:Next survey: Are you an open source developer?

ESR's arguments are self-serving.

ESR bases his arguments on specific observations about the way the software market works. If your observations conflict with his, I'd be very interested in knowing how. If you can point out how ESR's conclusions do not follow logically from his observations, I'd be very interested in seeing the flaws.

If your best response to ESR is an ad hominem attack, I would account that as praise for him.