Re: gauging poison pills

Author:John Jensen

I think we are evolving toward a few main open source licenses: BSD-like, Mozilla-like, LGPL, and GPL.

That probably isn't too bad. It gives us a quick way to understand understand things without becoming license lawyers. When I started a project in 1997 I rolled my own. It was a pain, when I would rather have been creating software. I probably wouldn't do that now. I'd choose one of the above that fit the situation and go with it. I agree with you David, that a system where there is only one open source license would be less optimal.

John