Re: scriptingNews outline for 9/6/2000

Author:Walter Ludwick

Dave, in case it never occured to you, the placment of these two successive items:

1 - NY Times: Minor Leage Mouth. "Before W. makes any more snide cracks about the major leagues, he should remember he's in them." 2 - Survey: If the US presidential election were held today, who would you vote for?

... would be considered just a wee-bit of result-skewing, in professional polling circles - especially since there are no other "news items" pertaining to any other candidates, besides this one disparaging the Republican.

I know you're no fan of "Dubya"; as it happens, neither am i (tho i don't like "Bush-Lite" any better, and expect to be voting "other" [i.e. Nader] come E-day, FWIW). I do suggest that, if you want your polling to be taken at all seriously, you pay a bit more attention to the context you create around these questions.