Re: Mac guys do it at runtime

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:9/8/2000; 11:38:44 PM
Topic:Guido and Richard

Unless [the GPL] mentions something about runtime binding

Unfortunately, it doesn't say enough. This vagueness, combined with the Cover Your Ass principle, means that most people make conservative assumptions. The consensus that I see is that if any code loaded into a process is GPL'ed, all of the code must be GPL-compatible (ignoring any explicit GPL exceptions). So DLLs don't matter.

I mentioned this in an oblique way on HTP:

http://wmf.editthispage.com/2000/08/21