Re: GPL compatibility

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:9/9/2000; 1:08:53 AM
Topic:Guido and Richard

I don't understand why they don't just release the source code and say "Have Fun!"

Hey, that's what we're doing. We even shipped two versions on the same day! (CNRI 1.6 and BeOpen 2.0b1)

One condition. No crybabies.

Oh, we can ignore them. What annoys me is people who don't understand that if someone cries over something, it doesn't necessarily mean he's the good guy, and that everyone else should stop doing what they're doing just to make him happy.

Things just don't work that way in real life.