Re: Do applications differ from libraries?

Author:David Rothgery
Posted:9/9/2000; 10:58:12 AM
Topic:Guido and Richard

I think that as software becomes more componetized, the lines between a scriptable application and a library becomes very, very thin. Certainly they can provide the same services to users and developers, and that's what really matters.

Admittedly, I'm looking at this from the PoV of a Web Developer who works on NT with VB and ASP (and plays with Windows 2000 and the .NET SDK at home...), but the component-ish model we play with on Windows ends up bluring the lines a lot.