Re: Get this DG by email!

Author:Aaron Swartz
Posted:9/10/2000; 3:40:08 PM
Topic:Discuss by email?

I agree, but I don't see how my service is any different than if someone were to visit your site every fifteen minutes. If it takes you fifteen minutes to edit your message, than you shouldn't be surprised if other people take a look at it.

I've shut the service down for now, but I would like to bring it back up.

I'm not trying to change the culture of the DG, and I apologize for not asking in advance. It's just that where I come from, when you put something on the Web, it's on the Web, and you must deal with robots, spiders and aggregators. I guess it's a cultural difference. My apologies for not understanding.

I don't think my service changes the culture that much. If you'd like, I can add an even longer delay, so that it is extremely unlikely that any unedited messages will go out. Or, I can have it wait a specified "grace period" since the message was posted.

I'd like to find a way we can work together to have this resolved.

Many thanks for your help, and apologies for my misunderstanding,