Re: disclaiming warranties

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/10/2000; 10:17:41 PM
Topic:Guido and Richard

William Crim: You do have a contract. A license is a contract.

With all due respect, I don't think so, since I don't see the consideration in both directions. A contract has necessary conditions that must be met. At least this is my weak layman's grasp.

When you and I have a contract, both of us get something. Normally this is made explicit. But it might be implicit if it seems obvious to a reasonable person. (Yes, I'm nearly making this up.)