Re: fork

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/11/2000; 8:37:44 AM
Topic:fork

Okay, before I say anything else, let me just say I don't know much about RSS, and I don't really care ;). I'm just tired of hearing about the he said/she said/I meant. It sounds really tragic/urgent/exciting, when it's just a spec. (Jan Brady: "boring boring boring")

Calvin, it matters to me, a lot.

What you say here doesn't change that.

The discussion is continuing. I'm going back-channel, finally someone from O'Reilly said something a little vulnerable, showing some flexibility, so I responded, privately.

I hope that we can resolve this so you don't have to see a split at all. Things like this should never get so bad that they show up like this. I know it makes me look bad, but I think the other guys were counting on that. I don't like being bullied. I care that something that's good and right not be trampled. I won't stand by and say nothing. That's not me.

You say you don't care about RSS. That's your right. But I do.

"cheesecake"