Re: Taking myself less seriously

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:9/11/2000; 8:13:49 PM
Topic:fork

I couldn't help but flash on how I am when I'm on the edge of people I know...jump in or jump out. And it's usually jump out unless I'm seen and am expected to jump in.

This is me to a T!!! I'm loud and gregarious once I'm in the group, but quiet and withdrawn on the edge. And it's so much easier for me to leave than to engage. But once engaged, I'm all there.

I guess it's called being shy.

dave

I wonder if there is a clue here for successful site design and online communications or community.

Something about the place being inviting enough so inner voices hummm with safety, so the rhythm of the situation resonates and you can imagine yourself there, feel your body moving to the beat, hear your voice in harmony or counterpoint.

Free to play.

gotta work on that. and those other voices too.