Re: Taking it all a bit less seriously

Author:Joshua Allen
Posted:9/13/2000; 3:02:45 AM
Topic:fork

Well, Paulo, you are very lucid. Would I respond by pointing out others who have claimed "perspective is everything"? I think it is more profound than even that. What you describe is lucidity in the sense that Camus uses the word. This awareness is such a wonderful thing, but also not granted to all people and not even guaranteed to you or me continuously. The ability to step outside the sangsara and see how silly most of our fussing is -- how can we give that to others, and how can we keep hold of it for ourselves?

Thanks,
-J