Re: Taking myself less seriously

Author:Brad Pettit
Posted:9/13/2000; 10:06:42 AM
Topic:fork

"The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind" was really interesting when I read it a half-dozen years ago. I'd recommend it to anyone who wonders how "humans" are different, or why we came to think as we do. It's also not surprising why the book was controversial -- lots of humans are troubled by the theory of evolution as well.

Now I have it sitting on my mantel mostly because it has such a pretentious title, but I still find myself recalling bits of that book's theory almost daily.

I'm first-born as well.