Re: Debunking the OSS Bazaar?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/15/2000; 6:02:20 AM
Topic:Debunking the OSS Bazaar?

I'm actually writing about this this morning, I have a DaveNet piece entitled "What is Open Source?" I've been building up to this for a while now.

The Lotus.Com piece is cited in the DaveNet, and I agree with it. All that I've seen indicates that open source projects behave very much like commercial projects.

Makes sense. They didn't change humanity or compilers or CPUs, so the realities of software development didn't change.

Also there's been open source since the beginning of computers.