Re: Anti-Microsoft sentiment

Author:Dave Rogers
Posted:9/16/2000; 6:13:08 AM
Topic:Debunking the OSS Bazaar?

The fact that people don't die in business is my primary reason for being a supporter of massive globalization. More and more, large groups of people settle collective disputes in the marketplace rather than by killing each other. It is not perfect, but way better than the previous system.

I trust you're being flippant here because I assure you global business interests aren't settling any disputes formerly settled by "the previous system." I submit that global businesses settle no disputes, merely create new ones. Settling disputes is the role of governments and politics.

And allow me to append something - you mentioned in sports it is allowed to interfere with your opponents ability to win. I submit to you that this is also not true. There are rules governing sports and referees who enforce those rules and penalties are exacted for infractions. Sporting conduct is bounded by rules, the same is true in business, something MS has only recently come to deal with. Time will tell if they accept it.