Re: Vote of confidence

Author:Jeff Barr

Phil says:

C. Scalable Solution? In addition to solving your immediate problem (freeing yourself from negative energy and time wasters, if I read correctly), it would be very cool to design your solution in a way that others can follow and that scales up to very large audiences. Maybe becomes implicit in the Manila environment.

I've been reading articles about high-profile people finding themselves besieged with hundreds or thousands of emails. I would guess that a large portion of these emails are "me too," or "vote this way", or one of a relatively small number of enumerable items. So I was thinking that there should be a way to deliver opinions to these people without burdening them down with so much mail. Think of this as the "M2P" (Many to Person) space.

I have no idea how this would work, but I envision things like polls would play a role here. Perhaps high-profile people could choose to auto-respond to their vast audiences with a poll that collects and composites the data. In these cases it would be neat for the users to be able to add new possible responses to the poll.

Jeff;