Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Peppier

Author:jhebert@cmc.net
Posted:10/7/1998; 1:55:07 PM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

Come now dave, you're familiar with Samizdat. It was the server for "24 Hours of Democracy" where people could post their stories. It was written by Brent Simmons IIRC. Please have a little respect for our intelligence here.

I have already said I think the setup is a good concept, just not deserving of quite all the breathless gushing about power that it gives to the user when it really gives no new power, and even if it does it only gives it to a small group of users who have negligible traffic needs and can afford to throw a dell 450 at that low-end need. There is a difference, though you would portray me as downing the system altogether -- I don't. I simply am pointing out the "irrational exuberance" (to steal a term from Greenspan). You yourself, admirably, conceed this to a certain extent when you conceed its limitations in your message of yesterday. So I'm not pursuing it further. I just won't stand silent while you miscontrue my posts (you've done that with every response so far).

Re: inserting my own paragraph breaks. I POSTED earlier that it wasn't working for me, probably because of CRLF issues. I'm not a moron, I understand how the technology is intended to work, though I also understand what I've seen of it. I'm leaving the autoparagraphing to you in this post. We'll see if you worked the bug out.

jim