Mac System 8.5

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/15/1998; 8:34:28 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

We've been discussing Mac System 8.5, due from Apple later this month, on the Script Meridian Community mail list.

To summarize the thread so far:

1. Expect a performance improvement in the Apple Event Manager, even though it isn't native. When Frontier is running behind web server software such as WebSTAR or Quid Pro Quo, expect higher performance. And when Frontier is managing data stored in FileMaker. These are examples.

2. There is a lot of new scriptable system-level functionality in 8.5, but at this time we don't know if there's any major functionality that is revealed that would be important to Frontier users.

It would be interesting what people outside the Frontier community know about 8.5.

Dave