Re: A heads-up for Apple and Mac content developers

Author:Chris Gorski
Posted:10/20/1998; 7:35:01 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

There is an ActiveX control in my system folder which looks like the IE 3.01 display component. I know that Outlook Express uses it and I suspect that Eudora and Apple are using it where they need to display HTML.

I remember a while ago that MS made a big deal of bringing ActiveX to the Mac, but I'm not sure if it's something they are supporting right now or not.

Another option might be to hook into Java and use the HTML display component that is part of Swing--the Java Foundation Classes. With MRJ 2.1's performance improvements coming down the pike, that may be acceptable for this.