Thoughts on messaging systems

Author:Michael Winser
Posted:11/21/1998; 8:12:46 PM
Topic:Testing a new feature.

So what I really want to do now is what I would call a fork. I want to create a new top-level discussion that shows up as a link in this discussion.

It's easy to make a messaging system that lets lots of people post messages and replies and so on. Its interesting to make a system where people can navigate through large numbers of messages to find what they want. Its a killer app when the navigation and information management becomes an intuitive tool.

I don't think that any product really nails this today (but I certainly haven't used them all :-)

Michael