Re: AOL Acquires Netscape

Author:Robert Occhialini
Posted:11/24/1998; 9:09:13 AM
Topic:AOL Acquires Netscape

This is one of my huge issues with this deal. It's akin to when Pepsi started buying Fast food chains and the other chains all switched to Coke to keep from funding their competitor's expansion. I fear that instead of actually growing Netscape's market share and shoring it up in competition with Microsoft, it will actually lose the key pin in its operation. The other ISP's probably don't want to help AOL expand.