Re: What if there were a third browser?

Author:Lewis Downey
Posted:11/30/1998; 9:50:51 AM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

This is a simple concept but one that may be a bit subtle to communicate.

I need a browser that let's you view the source of the page it displayed.

For example, Netscape 3 does this but Netscape 4 does not. Suppose a CGI fails for some reason and you want to debug the resulting html. The Netscape 4 browser tries to re-execute the CGI when you tell the browser to "view source". Netscape 3 displays the source that is currently in the browser window. The latter, Netscape 3, method is much more useful. In fact, for debugging purposes I continue to use Netscape 3 for this exact reason.

Thanks. Lewis