Re: What would peace look like?

Author:Bryant Durrell
Posted:12/2/1998; 2:28:14 PM
Topic:What would peace look like?

Useful is in the eye of the beholder. (Hey, another cliche!) I find many of the Netscape innovations to be awful, because I'm an SGML purist at heart. But I don't rule the marketplace -- which is a good thing.

But that's not really the point. I'd say that you need to look at the reasons people filled those holes.

I'd also admit freely that Tim Berners-Lee didn't spec out HTTP for any of the reasons I suggest. But HTTP wouldn't have become what it is today without Netscape. Like it or not.