On hiring Steve Ballmer

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/10/1998; 6:51:27 AM
Topic:NSI and Centraal

That was a funny piece!

I got a great email from Bill Gates on that one. He said that Steve Ballmer was his best friend and he'd never turn on him like that.

My point was more subtle. I wanted Netscape to think more like Steve Ballmer. It would have done them some good if they understood what that meant, but none of them knew Steve Ballmer. Not that I think he's the Pope or anything, but once you have one SB in an industry, everyone has to be a little like him. ;->

Dave