RPC enclosures

Author:Christopher Short
Posted:12/14/1998; 10:24:43 PM
Topic:New sample bits

I can't seem to use the RPC functionality. A guess is because I'm behind a firewall, and it's not possible for an external server to know the IP number for my workstation, so rpc via XML can't work unless I'm always a client.

However, the error page said:

•If you're sure everything is set up correctly, and you're coming in thru a proxy server or firewall, please check with your system administrator about a possible server configuration error.

More than happy to do that, but if I could point to some documentation of what's going on, it might assist in figuring things out.

doing a search for RPC revealed many things - but few that would assist an SA with a server configuration error. The following was probably the best best:

http://www.scripting.com/frontier5/xml/code/rpc.html

Any other suggestions??

Cheers, Christopher