Re: user.webserver new feature list

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/16/1998; 1:34:59 PM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

Some people will want logging by domain name. I see two options:

1) There's just one log per day. If you want to generate a report based on a single domain name, you can do so by filtering the log, only looking at the hits for that domain name.

2) We could optionally allow for multiple logs. There would be the main log that gets everything, but you could configure it to generate logs for one or more specific domain names as well.

So you might have:

The main log -- all hits

The discuss.userland.com log -- hits for that domain name only

In the case of #2, I'm not sure if the config info should be stored at user.webserver.logs or user.webserver.domains.