Re: user.webserver discussion

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:12/16/1998; 2:10:32 PM
Topic:user.webserver discussion

Brent said: There might be other things, too, that are not domain or server related but are at the scope of the entire web presence, which may span many machines in many places.

This is a interesting point: Will Frontier be scalable to multiple machines? It's one of the big selling points of a system like WebObjects--scalability and load-balancing.

While trying to compete with systems like WebObjects is another subject entirely, distributed Frontier apps are definitely something to think about. Actually, the current client/server system I'm designing now is a distributed app.

I think we may get to a point where a Frontier based system may span several server machines on a LAN, all doing their own tasks. I can easily imagine one server for searches, another for user registration and profiling, another for SQL database queries, etc.

Phil