Re: This is nonsense

Author:Ned T. Baugh
Posted:12/16/1998; 2:25:36 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

"Clinton is most guilty of being extremely stupid"

This is what it comes down to for me. Yes, it's maddening that this man refuses to stop screwing things up, especially after all the problems he's already brought on himself and his family.

But getting caught up in the differences between Brazillian and U.S. law misses the point of Vitor's example. Let me put it a different way, the way I see it:

I personally have things in my past I don't want to share with the world. Some are things I'm ashamed of, some are things I regret, some are just private. If my political enemies are dragging me into a BS trial to try to ruin my career, you bet I'm going to mislead them if they ask me about my private life.

Ken Starr and the right-wing had their chance, over and over again for years, to dig up some real dirt on Clinton; they failed miserably. So they turn to the tactics of HUAC and Hoover to smear Clinton.

When people talk about holding the president to the same standard as the average citizen, I agree. And as an average citizen, it scares me to think that anyone with enough money and resources could force me to give depositions about my private life, and then imprison me if I wasn't forth coming about details to which I believe no one has a right.