Re: Criminal Sexuality

Author:Michael Esveldt
Posted:12/16/1998; 4:52:41 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

>>>The point of impeachment is simple. To get to a trial where the issues can be aired and our senators can decide whether the issues warrant removal from office. Better, thinks I, than the country deciding based on a 500 person sampling.

But people are continually demonstrating that they have already made up their minds! This whole scandal has been one big media event. The judicial system is being twisted to perform tricks for people who only care about themselves.

Some people want the truth, whatever that may be. But those people aren't the ones calling the shots.

>>>People commit atrocities in the name of anything. But you need to believe something when you may lose your life over an "issue".

This is totally getting away from the point of my statement about nationalism. You brought up the fact that Clinton went to school instead of going off to fight. Elitism? More like intelligence; It's a sad sad day when we value political power of education. And don't try and tell me that his freedom was being threatened. This country continually goes to war for all the wrong reasons. We've done it from the start and i see no sign that we're stop any time soon.

>>>They gave the most precious gift, the one that cannot be replaced.

Life is precious, I'm right there with ya. But people die for the wrong reasons. Very seldom does this country use military force for simple protection of freedom and justice.

>>>Sometimes you have to do what's right even if it is painful, costly, and inconvenient.

Quite so. But you have to do it for the right reasons and you have to do it in an honorable and reasonable way. But who decides how costly is too costly? And who is all this expenditure benefiting? What could be better done with this time and money.