Re: This is serious stuff

Author:James Spahr
Posted:12/18/1998; 9:08:04 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

>On the other hand, I think the timing of the bombing of Iraq is a much more serious question.

History tells us this :

The US most always starts bombing raids on a new moon. 2 nights ago was not an exception. (FYI, Jan 17, the start of Desert Storm was also a new moon)

The media tells us the UN inspectors were afraid that the weapons that the US in now bombing, would be moved.

I've also read reports thet the US wanted to finish bombing before the Muslim holiday month, which starts on Sunday, I think.

So, I think the bombing would have occurred even if the empeachment vote was not scheduled, and I think that Britian would not be involved if the only goal of this miltary action was to delay the Houses's vote.