Re: From Jan Bridge

Author:Kate Adams
Posted:12/22/1998; 10:47:39 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Ah, Dave!

Yep, lying makes me furious these days, and God knows I've done my share of it. No I haven't joined a cult or some new relegion or 12 step program. Here's what happened: I suddenly started noticing how MUCH dishonesty there is. I've been fortunate to know some really wonderful, honest people in my life but nowdays I look around me and they are the exception to the rule. While I've been working on being more honest, the people around me seem to have embraced deception.

This makes me angry!

You said something that I think explains why I don't like intentional lies. Someone who lies to me intentionally insults my intelligence. For some reason I respond strongly to that, with anger. It's not that I think I'm that smart. Just I'd rather have the opportunity to hear and discuss the truth.

Is it wrong to get angry about being lied to/misled? If more people got angry, would there be more truth? Or just more angry people?

-Kate