Re: DaveNet Talk Radio (meta)

Author:W. Ian Blanton
Posted:12/22/1998; 7:39:39 PM
Topic:How are we doing?

Phil,

While I like the idea, I see definate dificulties implementing it. Basically it becomes a "How much editing does someone feel like doing?" v. "Are users primarilly just going to ignore/abuse it (the tags)?"

Generally, as I'm inclined to trust users until they prove otherwise, I'd worry primarily about the "ignore" part of that. The fix I can see would be to make it impossible to send messages to certain groups without setting some of those "meta" tags.

In a LOT of ways I really like this idea, as it would add a really nice level of control to a discussion group without worries of editorial censorship.

Speaking of puns/jokes, if you're a watcher of the show "News Radio" there are a huge number of potential jokes buried in your post. :)