Re:MSIE 4.5 and Frontier 5.1.5 - Issues?

Author:Josh Buchanan
Posted:1/8/1999; 3:15:50 PM
Topic:MSIE 4.5 and Frontier 5.1.5 - Issues?

If MS Outlook is freezing, then maybe it's an extension level issue. I just ran the "self-healer" application again, and it's installing things at the extension level ... a whole mess of files in a folder called "MS Library Folder". I just checked out their file types, though, and they're all "shlb"'s. Don't suppose shared libraries are doing anything malicious ... ?!? There's also an Active X Control from the installer showing the same creation date.

Or maybe it's at the Finder level. Does this new MS software make, say, Apple Event calls that MSIE 4.01 doesn't? Seems reasonable that a Mac-only version might make that step. If someone who's a little more proficient with CaptureAE than I could root this out, that would be great.

I'd really like to eliminate Frontier from this equation, but I can't yet. I've got two people here with nothing in common except these two programs and we're still gumming up for no discernable reason.

Anyone who actually worked on this software and could give a sense of what was different from MSIE's last iteration, I'd be much obliged ...