Re: Comparing hashes and tables..?

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:1/19/1999; 11:07:07 AM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

>>Are hashes disk-based or RAM-based?

In typical use they are RAM-based, but Perl supports tying hashes (arrays and scalars too) to code so that the code can use the hash syntax but implement it in a different way. A few of the ''tied hash'' modules implement disk-based hashes.

>>When you serialize a Perl hash does it resolve all references or do you have to save them separately?

There are several serialization modules for Perl and I believe they all resolve all references.